Time to Pack!
Updated: Mar 25, 2019
With only two days left before our around the world trip begins, Benjamin and I decided it was time to pack! After slimming and trimming everything we wanted to bring with us for six months into two small bags each, we successfully zipped those zippers!
Below are photographs of each of our bags with more detail of everything we packed. You can purchase many of these items here.
Benjamin's packing inventory:
Purchase items online here.
1. Safari hat
2. Lug pillow and blanket
3. Camelback junior day pack and bladder
4. Patagonia day bag and emoticon bag
5. Patagonia roller duffel
6. Swim shirt and trunks
7. iPhone (thanks Cole!) for extra movie time on the plane
8. iPad (thanks Santa!) for school work and play
9. Headphones (thanks Auntie Sandy!) and extra battery
10. World adapter
11. Cold weather accessories (thanks Grandma!)
12. Spork for each of us
13. 7 pairs of socks
14. Exterior jacket
15. Tinker Crate - we brought one with us, and Cole is bringing for science projects through Tinker Crate throughout the trip
16. Three fleeces/sweaters
17. Four collared shirts
18. Five t-shirts
19. Four pairs of pants that zip to shorts
20. Eight pairs of underwear
21. Packing bags
23. Pencil case
24. Hiking shoes and water sandals
When we set this out, Benjamin thought it would be impossible to pack into these two small bags. So we took progress pictures to show how the packing cubes help! He proclaimed, "This is Awesome!" when we were finished.
Kerri's packing inventory:
I have to admit, my desire to document this trip in so many ways seems to have gotten the best of me! I would rather have one more travel journal than one more pair of shoes!
Purchase items online here.
1. Camelback Luxe day pack and water bladder
2. Osprey backpack
3. Patagonia roller duffel
4. Filtered Water bottle
5. Trail running shoes
6. Travel journal, travel documents
7. Kindle (thanks Cole!)
8. Pop-up maps
9. One jacket,one fleece, one light coat
11. Cold weather accessories and safari hat
12. Medical emergency kit
13. Travel pillow and blanket
14. Tieks (flats)
15. Packing cubes
16. Multi-use tool
17. Noise cancelling Eerbuds
18. Three pairs of shorts
19. Four t-shirts, three long sleeve shirts, five tank tops
20. Watercolor kit and easel, travel journal, sketch book and pencils and mom journal
21. Six pairs of socks
22. Two bikinis (an indulgence, I know!)
23. Leather clutch and RFID Travel Wallet
24. One strapless bra and one sports bra
25. One daytime dress, one evening dress
26. Three pairs of leggings/capris
27. Two scarves
28. Seven pairs of underwear
29. Flip Flops (thanks Cole!)
30. Grid it with every charger possible!
31. MacBook Pro
32. Prescriptions and liquids
33. Bathroom kit and make-up
34. Travel curling iron and flatiron
I'm sure we've overpacked and I can't fit one little purchase, but we can each manage our own luggage, and that is key! Bon Voyage!